Monday 11 November 2013

Scrumptiously Sweet Shop, Bristol


Whilst walking down Gloucester Road with my friend Becky in Bristol the other day, we came across this lovely sweet shop. The layout was what I would call traditional with jars of everyones favourites lining the walls. Towards the back of the shop there was a room of baking goodies, from cupcakes cases to coloured icing. 



The one thing this shop brought back for me was a lovely childhood memory, sweets priced in pennies (some of them), small paper bags and plastic coloured scoops. I actually cannot remember the last time I saw a box of Black Jacks or Fruit Salads at 2p a piece! There were also marshmallows at 1p, along with flying saucers at 2p each. I got great joy standing there and counting it all, sounds sad but it really took me back. 


Also 99p per 100g, bargain!! There was a fantastic range of Pick'N'Mix. Most places these days will not allow this due to some health and safety rules (well I think that's why you don't see it as often). 


If you're in the Bristol area then I recommend visiting, lovely staff and something for everyone. 

Visit their website here.
Like them on Facebook.

83 Gloucester Road, 
Bishopston, Bristol, BS7 8AS
Open:
Monday 12:00 - 17:30
Tuesday 10:00 - 17:30
Wednesday 10:00 - 17:30
Thursday 10.00 - 17:30
Friday 10:00 - 17:30
Saturday 10:00 - 17:30
Sunday 11:30 - 16:30

No comments:

Post a Comment