Wednesday 10 July 2013

My first cupcake decorating class

I promised you that I would show you my experience of the cupcake decorating class at the Bath Cake Company, and here you have it!




It was such a lovely evening and I'm very happy with how my cupcakes turned out. Celia was a fantastic teacher and was very easy to follow.

The main tip I'm going to remember is putting an oven tray on the shelf above the cupcakes as close as possible, so that the cakes rise flat. 




The skills learnt involved icing, piping techniques and more! Even though the group were taught the same skills, the sets of cupcakes all came out so differently.


I think they look pretty cute in my box, it's a shame they have to be eaten really.


As well as my box of 6 cupcakes to take home, I also got 10% off of items in the shop. I treated myself to some icing, 2 colours, edible glitter and a flower blossom punch. All very reasonably priced I must add!


Overall I really enjoyed my experience, it is indeed a really lovely company and I'm sure I'll attend another class sometime this year. Now that I've done this I think it's about time I got my baking gear out and test these new skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment